Monday, January 19, 2009

The Beginning of a New Year

I looked at my bookshelf over the winter holidays and realized that I have a habit of buying books. The reason for this is obvious. I love to read. But then I realized, I read the same books over and over, and most of the books I buy sit unread. The bindings on my books are either not touched, or completely broken. I donated a lot of them over the summer, because my neighbor came over to help me clean, and went through my bookshelf book by book, asking if I was ever going read them, and if I even hesitated, she threw it in the donation pile. When we were done, I was still left with a full bookshelf of books I had never read before.

When I thought about how much money I wasted on books, I actually became slightly disgusted with myself.

Which brings us to my New Year Challenge. I am not going to spend any money on books this year. Libraries will become my friend, and my bookshelf will no longer be ignored.

I will start with reviews of books I have read in the past year, and I am rereading a couple of my favorites I haven't read in a year (after this I am not rereading everything, I promise!), and then I will start with my new books adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment