Thursday, May 21, 2009

The future of the summer

Well, this summer already isn't going the way I had planned. This was going to be the summer of reading. It was going to be the summer where I finally made a dent in my bookshelf. Then one of my friends talked to one of my professors for next fall. I'm taking a class called "The Myth of Tolkien". It's only a one hundred level class, so I figured the course load would not be too rough. Maybe read one of the Lord of the Rings books, the Hobbit, MAYBE the Silmarillion. No. We are reading ALL of the Lord of the Rings books, the Hobbit AND the Silmarillion. Have you seen how thick some of those books are????? And so, though I read the Lord of the Rings when I was in middle school, I'm spending at least part of the summer rereading them in an effort to lighten the course load for next semester. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I know that you will fare much better with the Hobbit than I did! In the meantime, I have not started summer yet but I am at the point where I should make my list of the books I would like to read. (No Hobbit).

    ReplyDelete