Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Secret Agent

I recently read Joseph Conrad's The Secret Agent. It'a a twisted story about a group of terrorists who talk more than they actually take action.

Okay so maybe it's a classic novel. Maybe people who know their stuff think it is amazing. All I know is when I read a book, I want it to be fun, not a chore. The Secret Agent wasn't just a chore. I wasn't just cleaning my room. I was cleaning the whole house. The complex narration style makes it incredibly difficult to read. I'm okay with this as long as at the end, I enjoyed the story in general. This is how I feel about Absalom Absalom by William Faulker. Incredibly hard to get through, but looking back, it was a great story. Looking back at Conrad's book, it still stunk.

Don't read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment